Sunday, May 21, 2006

May 21, 2006: CoCoPaBaBa

For several nights before Ann left for Ireland, Collin had had a bit of trouble settling down for bed, and so more than once, one of us had to go into his room at 8:30 or 9:00 to soothe him down. On a couple of occassions, Collin had whispered something incomprehensible to me through his pacifier. Unable to figure it out, I usually said something like, "OK, buddy, go to sleep." While Ann was gone, it so happened that one evening Collin was having a bit of a hyper bedtime, and so I ended up staying with him a bit longer. And there it was again, the same syllables whispered through his pacifier--cocopababa, cocoba pa na.

"What are you saying pal?" I asked, and popped the pacifier out of his mouth.

He rolled over onto his tummy, and pulled up his shirt and said it again...

I knew that he wanted me to rub his back, and it dawned on me that he wanted me to sing something for him (which his daycare providers do when he's having trouble napping).

"Buddy, do you want me to rub your back and sing 'Copacabana'?"

"Yes."

He was asleep in five minutes.

Posted by claycomb at May 21, 2006 10:34 AM

Comments

The lad has great taste in music! Maybe tonight you can try Mandy?

Posted by: Mary Hekl at May 24, 2006 1:52 PM

Or, if its an afternoon nap The Pina Coloda Song...:-)

Posted by: Andy B at May 24, 2006 4:53 PM

No comments: