Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Collin: 3; Panera: 0


Swing...up...high!
Originally uploaded by Ryan Claycomb
Ryan gave his final exam today, so he was out of the house at 7:30 a.m. Anticipating trouble getting both kids going by myself on a rainy morning, I took them to our local Panera for breakfast. Lilah ate the blackberries I'd brought her from home, drank some milk, and delicately nibbled at a pumpkin muffin top.

Collin ate his blackberries from home, drank all of his milk and the rest of Lilah's, and ate TWO chocolate chip muffin tops. TWO. Then when I wouldn't get him a third, he got down on the floor under the table and tried to pick up the (many) crumbs he had dropped. He was particularly sad to see that some chocolate chips would be headed for the trash.

He got me back, however, for depriving him of his crumbs of breakfast when we went into the restroom so Lilah could "pee potty"--a necessary activity every 30 minutes or so, just to be safe. Collin wandered around drinking his milk, and then spilled some on the floor. Busy as I was with helping Lilah wash her hands, I wasn't quite fast enough to stop him from flinging himself prone on the bathroom floor and--brace yourselves--licking up the milk.

"I like a puppy!" he says. Indeed. Let's hope his immune system is up for it. And let's hope Panera lets us come back. At least they make money off of us!
Posted by claycomb at May 3, 2006 9:07 AM
Comments
Hi there, I thought I'd better post a comment so you would know definitively that we are indeed keeping up with the twins renewed site.
I have to say...as a healthcare professional, the thought of Collin licking milk off the bathroom floor gives me serious pause. I'm sorry, that must have been traumatic for all of you.
I'm sure Panera will have you back - Collin is mopping their floors!
Posted by: Nanette at May 3, 2006 7:29 PM

No comments: